Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little Blogger Weirdness


I mentioned this at the end of the Hamtarro crossover fic I posted this morning.

For those of you who might not know, the way the composing screen for Blogger is set up is that there's the title frame at the top where the post title goes, along with the controls for saving, previewing, and publishing the post. Below that is the composing and editing frame, where the actual contents of the post go. This is roughly centered in the page. Along the right side of the page are the options for labeling/tagging entries, scheduling, location options, options, and of course, the gadgets that let me add the poster-defined ad links, should I choose to do so.

Now, the issue I've been having here is that there's about five lines or so of the text pane there that go below the taskbar on my desktop after the text pane expands from its smaller size when the new post page first loads. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Blogger; my browser, which is Firefox; my computer; or some combination thereof. This is frustrating when I'm working directly on Blogger, because if I'm trying to make a post that goes beyond a certain length, I'm not going to be able to see what comes below a certain point. Where one might think there would be a scroll bar on the right side of my browser, there's not. There is one in the editing pane itself, but that doesn't do me much good since the rest of the screen doesn't scroll.

Fortunately, I do have a temporary workaround. I can write in one of the various word processors I've got on my machine. That's what I'm doing for now. But I'm still looking into resolving the Blogger issue, too, just in case I want to do a little quick publishing of longer posts than I can currently work with on-site. I may need to get with Google on this, since it's one of their products now.

Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment